Medical Assistants are valuable resources to the healthcare industry. The US Department of Labor expects the employment of medical assistants to grow to a significant rate in the next few years.
The administrative skills of medical assistants form the backdrop of any medical clinic. They are responsible for helping the physicians and healthcare organizations with a multitude of administrative tasks and explaining procedures to the patients. But what is the significant importance of a medical assistant?
Importance of Medical Assistant in the industry of Health Care
Knowledge is Power, without enough knowledge of the patient’s history, physicians cannot provide the right kind of treatment.
Although physicians diagnose and treat patients, they don’t only handle a single patient to remember their complete history. This results in the requirement of medical assistants, who maintain a record of the patients and provide the specialists and doctors with the right amount of information in order to get the best care.
There are few aspects that mark the significant importance of the medical assistants
- The first point of Contact–From diagnosis to patient interaction, medical assistants are the first point of contact for the patients. They keep the patients flowing through the clinic providing the doctors with the tools and information they need. However, unless you’re certified by a university or diploma and earn enough training, you cannot perform the duties flawlessly. The medical assisting school in phoenix, AZ provides a sure path to employment as a medical assistant.
- Job Variety – As a medical assistant, your career would be pretty busy and excited with a variety of roles to be played. One of the significant importance of this profession is, the nature of the role varies depending on the environment. The roles and responsibilities include both clinical and administrative duties.
- Role of administrative tasks – Greeting patients, answering telephones, updating and filing patients, maintaining medical records, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admissions and tests to be taken in the laboratory.
- Role of Clinical duties – Assist physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals in recording vital signs, assisting with examination and explaining treatment and procedure to the patients.
- Taking care of health care processes – Medical assistants are multi-taskers having the ability to perform both patient care as well as administrative duties. They can streamline the process and make it extremely efficient. Perhaps, because of these reasons, they are regarded as the backbone of medical facilities.
In addition to these aspects, they act as a liaison between the patients and insurance companies. Patients only know that they need medical care and they would be unaware of the medical claims. Apparently, the medical assistant takes care of their needs and ensures the patient need not spend much out of their pockets during the various course of their treatments.
If you’re an organized person and multi-tasker, understanding the personality of the individual, then this is the best suitable profession for you. Do you consider training as a medical assistant, then it’s a perfect time.
The medical assisting school in phoenix, AZ has been training in healthcare studies for the past few years to fit your goals. So, get enrolled with one of the best schools and become a certified medical assistant and live a life fulfilling a career.